Christmas Regal Salmon with Cranberry and Almond Crust
• 1 whole Regal Marlborough Salmon Fillet
• 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
• 1/4 cup slivered almonds
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
• 2 tablespoons reduced salt margarine, melted
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• freshly ground pepper and salt
Preheat oven to 200C
Place the salmon skin side down in a large oven dish
Combine breadcrumbs, cranberries, almonds, parsley, thyme and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
Add the melted margarine and blend well. Season with salt and pepper
Spoon the mixture evenly onto the salmon.
Press gently to adhere.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and salmon is just cooked through.
Recipe Courtesy of New Zealand King Salmon