Serves 4 Ready in 25 minutes
• 500g scallops cut in half 500g thin pasta (fettuccine or spaghetti)
• 2 tbsp olive oil 4 carrots, cut into small dice
• 2 large onions, chopped 2 bay leaves
• 2 tbsp fresh basil 4 large ripe tomatoes peeled,
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ onion finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic chopped
• 2 cans of tomatoes
1) To make the sauce, heat oil in non-stick frying pan. Add onion, garlic, pinch of salt and cook on low heat till soft but not brown. Add tomatoes with its juice. Crush with fork, bring to boil then reduce heat. Let it simmer for 15 minutes then remove pan from heat and put aside.
2) Boil the pasta according to instructions on packet.
3) Put olive oil in another frying pan. Add chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds before throwing scallops in. Cook over high heat for about 3 minutes, tossing until they look cooked.
4) Add the scallops to the tomato sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and stir gently. Combine scallop tomato sauce with pasta. Serve immediately garnished with fresh basil.